Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I lost a friend in time

     
        It was the day when I first stepped in through the gates of a temple of learning which was pretty different from the last one to which I belonged. I met new people and made new friends whom I can never forget in my entire life. I met a friend with lack of maturity and full of innocence. A son of a hard working lady who lost her husband at a very young age and the only way out of her down falling situation was her hope to see her own child rising up to be a successful professional. He was a child who never knew liquor and feared smoke, a guy for whom his stories were foreseen comedy when he told them with his childish methods and always did carry us all with laughter for hours.

        The future was never to be predicted and the present never left us with the fruits of a newly entered life. Each day was meant to produce something beautiful, memorable and full of enjoyment. A group of people with 8 immatured boys and girls loitering around a metro city as newborns crawl around after several months of birth. It was the best part for all as 8 became more than 20 within a week and this terrific run continued.

         Time passed by and we slowly slipped into our ways of life and unknowingly, the cobwebs of the 21st century took us by its charm of love, liquor and loneliness and had an impact on each one of us. Some like me tried to take a different train and landed on some typical station of fun with hardship and sentiments but some landed on notorious stations of love and depression inorder to search for the devil in despair for selling their soul in return of intimacy. A life with liquor, a life with the name of enjoyment and lavishness yet full of smoke! A life where ONE HAS SOMETHING IN RETURN OF EVERYTHING!!

          I was far away from them but could hear them cry on a new moon night and repent to myself that I could have brought him with me, brought my friend whose mother wanted to see her child grow into her old age walking stick but now the future seems to be blur and smoggy to even see a single premonition. It was the consequences of some unknown decisions made by all of us, a decision which brought me to my station and took my friend to his but in course of time, "I LOST A FRIEND IN TIME"....................................





No comments: